We’re still going strong with “Mom & Me” days here. Each child gets one on one time with me one day a week and we decide together what we’ll do with our time. It’s tentatively scheduled:
If we have a busy day planned we do it the next possible day. Today I have a make up day with Anna since Friday was a very busy day and so was yesterday.
So far some of our activities have included:
- Going for a walk to get ice cream bars and sitting in a public garden enjoying them
- Playing a game and baking cookies
- Going to the mall and getting Anna’s ears pierced
- Making sculptures and painting them
- Playing marbles & going on a bike ride
- Going to a local restaurant for pop and fries, then going to a garage sale
- Playing with playdough and coloring together
- Going to the lake
Today for Anna’s make up day I’m going to suggest taking some art supplies to someplace shady and doing art together, going to a park or doing some sort of fashion design with unwanted clothes. It’s hot and it’s a Sunday so there aren’t a lot of options around here. Our grocery store burned down last week and the drug store and variety store are closed Sundays. It’s a nice day to do something lazy anyway.
BTW, I’m putting this in the “behavior” category along with plans and fun because I know that the more quality time I spend with my kids, the better they feel and act. I do M&M days with the kids because they need it and deserve it and I like to spend individual time with them, but I also do it because it makes life easier for all of us. 🙂