8 Random musings now that I’m back on my feet…..
- We have new neighbors and they have a 14 month-old daughter. I cannot tell you how stoked I am to have nice people there (it was a truly horrible man for years) AND a little one to boot.
- Jack has suddenly become an excellent reader this month. I love the magic of how my children learn to read. He read a Level 2 reader about Balto the sled dog yesterday as if he had it memorized.
- My house looks like it was tossed by evil baddies and then raided by the feds. And then hit with several natural disasters. All that’s missing is the slash marks in the sofa cushions from where they searched for the stolen diamonds and the stray tree branch.
- For my first day back among the living I led the kids on a massive clean-up of the living room, started on the 85-load laundry backlog and then for some inexplicable reason completely reorganized the craft cabinets.
- We’re in the middle of a winter storm. The world is white and windy again. I don’t care. I’m going to fill spray bottles with green food coloring and go spray my lawn tomorrow if it doesn’t melt.
- My crazy aunt sent me a mechanical hamster that dances and sings “It’s Raining Men.” Alex loves it.
- My kids watched a half dozen episodes of “Liberty’s Kids” on DVD while I was sick. They got in American history homeschool and I got delirious dreams about Arnold Schwartzenegger rallying the troops for Washington (yeah, he really was one of the voices).
- This was going to be 13 random musings but I’m completely out at 8.
Tomorrow, real homeschooly stuff. Probably. Almost certainly. 😉