Y’all know how I feel about resolutions. I keep them about as well as I keep my house clean, which I do almost as well as I speak Gaelic. And nope, I don’t speak Gaelic!
If I were going to make some resolutions, I’d go all out though. In my dream life, this is what 2010 would look like….
1. My house is going to be spotless. 90% of our belongings will mysteriously disappear and there will be enough space to roller skate through. I’ll come downstairs in the morning, take one look and just sigh contentedly at our beautiful, peaceful home.
2. We are going to do way more homeschooling, and it’ll all be fabulously creative. There will be hours of science experiments, lapbooks, homemade history games, Shakepearean plays, algebra art projects, you name it. The kids will never be bored because there will be so much intellectual and creative stimulation. Their brains will nearly double in size.
3. I’ll keep myself up impeccably. I’ll shower and do my hair each morning and even shave my legs. I’ll put on makeup and look so fabulous that when Victoria starts snapping photos of me in the living room I won’t have to bribe her with chocolate to delete them off Flickr. I’ll even wear a bra on days I’m not going anywhere. Fancy, huh?
4. I’ll put my book in order and send it to more publishers, submit those articles I wrote to magazines, write the Magical Homeschool book I’ve been wanting to write for years and do book signings at places like Barnes and Nobles in strange cities to captivated audiences.
5. I’ll spend way more time with each child — marvelous one on one time. I’ll make the day magical with each one, every day. I’ll also find a way to help solve all of their problems. I’ll also spend more time with Daryl and find a way to fix his legs, take away his pain and make his life generally more wonderful.
Yeah. That’s why I don’t do resolutions. I sort of aim a wee high.
I’ll add one more, though.
6. I’ll do something about that tacky couch. And the broken fridge. And spay the cat.
Betcha I can fulfill one this year for sure!