You know how some days are so perfect that you want to store them and keep them to remember always?
Well, today was not one of those days.
A few highlights…
- Daryl and I both woke up with bad headaches, body aches and general how-did-we-get-so-old achiness.
- Daryl let the stray cat onto the back porch because he felt sorry for her in the snow and then Anna let our big old male into the basement, at which time both cats erupted in a ten minute cat fight that covered two floors and lasted through my cussing, throwing water on them and chasing them with a broom.
- Said broom-whacking ended up knocking into the back of the basement toilet, causing a plastic tube to break and water to start spraying all over the basement.
- Jack announced in the middle of dinner, “Mom, I hate you!”.
- Alex and Jack broke 3 ornaments by throwing things at the Christmas tree. Note: the tree had been decorated for approximately 12 minutes.
- When I went to escape to a hot bath, I discovered that a cat had thrown up in the bathtub.
Of course there were good times too, but by the end of the night I had cracked open our only bottle of wine and drank a glass and a half while watching the series finale of Monk.
I am a terrible wine drinker (I secretly prefer the $2 Boone’s Farm stuff) and grimaced at every sip. I could never get plastered on wine… which is probably a good thing, since I’m quite an embarrassing drunk!
Tomorrow is a brand new day. I think that’s supposed to be a good thing, but for now I’m just glad that 50% of my children are asleep and it’s NOT tomorrow yet to start all over again. 😉