I know, it’s usually 10, but Daryl is waiting with a back rub so I must be quick! Priorities ya know! 🙂
Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to…
1. The kids (especially Victoria) have been making handmade beads from magazine pages and nail polish.
I’ll post more about these soon!
2. We’ve been doing tons of reading. Here’s half of yesterday’s library pile (somehow I deleted the photo of the rest of the picture books).
(Note: 5 of these have already been returned, 4 more have been checked out and 2 novels have been completed since checking them out today and are already in the return pile. One fight has also erupted over someone reading someone else’s library book. Oy.)
I’ll post some lists and reviews of books we’ve liked lately very soon!
3. Victoria had a piece of art accepted at New Moon Girls as an avatar.
4. We started a week-long dairy-free, wheat-free family experiment to see if it would have any impact on anybody’s physical or emotional state. It’s proving to be an adventure, but it’s also been educational and interesting. I even made a chocolate cake tonight that tasted only the tiniest bit like dirt (mostly like lots of chocolate and sugar, which lucky for us are still allowed!).
5. The girls and I went on a winter trek that was surprisingly fun.
Stories and pics here.
There was also a little bit of history, math and schooly stuff too!
But with that, I’m off to find a piece of not-much-like-dirt chocolate cake and a backrub with my names on them.
Have a great weekend!