2. We bought a new fridge today. I’m so happy. Our old fridge is insanely awful. The doors don’t shut all the way and we have to keep a strong magnet on the sides to try to keep them shut. We got in through the “cash for clunkers” appliance program to get a $200 rebate for buying an Energy Star one and disposing of the old one. My heroic husband spent four hours reloading the website to get us signed up before the funds ran out (they’re out, we made it). The fridge will be delivered next Thursday and is black. Snazzy, eh? 😉 Best of all, I paid for it entirely with my Examiner earnings, which makes it even cooler. (I moved the Examiner tips offline but if you’re interested in them or would like to know more about writing there, leave a comment and I’ll email you.)
3. I want to make this tomorrow:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 bag cotton balls
Mix flour and water together until you get a smooth paste. Dip the cotton balls into paste. Form into desired shapes. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour until lightly brown and hard. Let cool. Paint shapes with tempera paint. These cool creations are great to make with friends at a sleepover, with Mom and Dad’s help, of course.
From this site.
4. I cannot believe they are just now talking about making it a law that schools have to tell parents if their teachers abuse their kids! I am speechless at this story. This child had Down’s Syndrome and was physically abused by his teacher for 6 months and his parents were never notified.
Lawmakers presented the case of Kyle Herman, who was abused by his teacher eight separate times when he was six years old. It was two years before his parents, Shawn and Lora Herman, learned what happened to Kyle.
5. I love the looks of this electronics set for kids.
6. I could seriously lose a lot of time at this craft blog (favorites: boots from old sweaters, doodle frames, cardboard furnishings . Or how about this stuff? Wouldn’t these be a blast to make with the kids?
7. We’re done with our week of no wheat or dairy. I’m off to eat chocolate. 😉