(art by Victoria)
I’m in a funk. I’ve been doing my best to shake it off for a while now, but it’s not working so well.
Maybe it’s the return of the cold. Maybe it’s the gray and dreary weather. Maybe I’m isolated and need socialization. 😉 The kids are fine, but I’m feeling out of sorts.
I have all of these “shoulds” in my mind…
- I should clean the house so we can put the tree up.
- I should get caught up on laundry.
- I should be doing more projects with the kids.
- I should do our advent socks.
- I should cut Jack’s hair.
- I should start making a hundred holiday cards with the kids.
- I should have taken our holiday pictures and written our family letter.
- I should have finished reading “A Little History of the World” by now.
- I should be doing more school with Jack.
- I should be doing more math with everybody.
- I should be reading more to both boys.
- I should be doing more art with the kids.
- I should be playing more with the kids.
- I should write my aunts.
- I should turn in report cards.
- I should go pay the house taxes.
- I should get the coop newsletter out.
- I should be exercising.
- I should be getting the kids exercising more.
- I should be doing more preschool with Alex (the fun kind).
- I should start taking the kids to Tai Kwan Do.
- I should clean the van.
- I should make a batch of bread and a batch of buns for tomorrow.
- I should finish my book and send query letters to publishers.
- I should catch up on email.
- I should henna my hair.
- I should get to sleep earlier.
- I should start a new read-aloud with the kids.
- I should figure out how to get Alex potty trained.
- I should have the last two reviews for the vegan cookbooks done.
- I should be more fun with the kids.
- I should be blogging more. 🙂
I guess I’m a little burned out. I’m on my fourth preschooler. I’m into the double digits of years homeschooling. This makes 13 years I’ve been dealing with daily migraines, and 11 years since the car accident that caused my chronic neck pain. I cook our meals from scratch, write three columns and two blogs, homeschool four kids, try to keep a house running and deal with a lot of daily pain.
But there are children waiting for me downstairs, so for now I should go be a good mom.
Tomorrow, I’ll try to fix some of those and knock down the list. And blog properly…