Sometimes things just seem a little stranger than usual, which always tickles me. Here’s 7 strange things that have come up in our homeschool lately!
- Victoria researched how to build catacombs under your house, after seeing a TV show where a Spanish house had tunnels leading down to the sea. She informed us that radon was a big risk, plus possible collapses.
- Alex learned how to say “that.” Well, “tha” anyway. 😉
- Jack, Anna and Victoria learned about the origin of the term “Pyrrhic victory” from “A Little History of the World.” Later, all the kids were playing with play clay and building a wall of dinosaurs for Alex. Alex pretended his dinosaur lost his head and all his feet in a battle and Victoria told him “that was a Pyrrhic victory.”
- Anna bought a Sims game and found out that death sometimes visits by cell phone. He apparently has a nice one.
- Anna has been learning about screenplays while helping Daryl write his. The kids have also been all learning about Bulgaria and zombies from said screenwriting, too.
- Jack learned that “What you do comes back to you, like if you’re angry at somebody it’s like throwing a rubber ball at the wall.” Pretty deep for a seven year-old!
- Anna learned the square root of 36, thanks to a rocket math app. Certain family members also learned that neither fire trucks nor British phone books make for aerodynamic rockets. But it sure is fun to watch them bounce. 😉