We had a fun New Year’s Eve at home last night.
A few highlights…
- Making resolutions
- Making “Smokin’ Texas Caviar” from Vegan Fire and Spice because it’s made of black-eyed peas (it’s good luck to eat them on New Year’s Eve!) and our whole family loooooooves the stuff
- Talking about our favorite times from 2010 (there were a lot!)
- A fun supper with favorite foods
- Tossing confetti
- Lots of wrestling and mayhem on the floor after tossing the confetti!
- Watching “Alice in Wonderland” in the dark
- Eating appetizers, snacks, various olives on sword spears and way too many Oreos
- Playing Do Tell together and getting very silly
Alex woke up very late while the kids and I were watching “Alice in Wonderland” and climbed into my lap. By the time I was ready for sleep, he was wide awake and not having any of this silly sleep business. I fell asleep to him singing me a little “You’re so awesome, Mama” song over and over.
What a nice way to see out the old year. 🙂
Here are a few of our favorite times from 2010…
- Rescuing our teeny, tiny, wobbly, sweet black and white kitty (Tokio) from the crazy neighbor’s live animal trap
- Being in the Wilder Pageant for the 6th year
- Going to Civil War days
- Vacationing in Duluth
- Going to the APHS Jamboree
- Visiting Tiffany and her family lots
- Anna finally getting a scooter of her own
- Jack learning to ride a bike and to swim
- Hosting our annual summer campout
- Hiking at Redwood Falls, the Birch Coulee battle site, Rasmussen Woods and state parks
- Getting to see the fabulous Lonni and her fabulous kids every Monday before German class in Mankato
- German and Spanish classes at the college
- Victoria’s blog reaching 1,000 unique visitors and lots of subscribers and commenters
- Making new friends — in real life and online
- Getting lots of books and neat things to review for my columns
- Daryl’s play getting accepted by the MN short play festival
- Taking part in History Fest
- Anna’s new camera
- Our garden and how we had armloads of rainbow swiss chard to harvest every day for half the season
- Going to the zoo and science museum in Sioux Falls several times
- Spending time with friends
There were lots more, but those are some highlights.
Here’s to a wonderful 2011!