On my agenda for the next week:
- Plan Jack, Alex and Victoria’s birthdays (Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday), throw one party, host one soiree, make three cakes, buy presents, survive.
- Take the kids to see the CSI director, who’s in our little town again, and perhaps fight with him again. Last time, he told me I shouldn’t bring children. Pfft. In the first place, he doesn’t know my children. In the second place, I would consider it nearly criminal to have a CSI director come and talk for free to a room full of people, give inside secrets, explain how special effects are done, and NOT bring my children. In the third place, my kids loved it. Okay, Anna fell asleep, but Victoria loved it. 🙂
- Have the kids try and play some educational games. BTW, here’s ten educational apps that are free right now. I also want to try this math game. Oh yeah, and I want to print out this chemistry card game from the fabulous Ellen McHenry site.
- Plant some flowers to cook with. Here’s a list of 10 edible flowers I posted yesterday. I’m planning on writing up a page of recipes for each flower and trying as many as possible this summer.
- Do some wildflower ID’ing with this wonderful Minnesota wildflower site.
- Magically clean my house. A lot.
In other news…
I am just too sick and overwhelmed right now to do anything this ambitious right now, but this homeschool mom blogged some great rock and mineral projects for younger kids.
I wrote up articles on Homeschooling through the seasons, 40 Ways to calm a fussy baby, and Homeschool 101: Where can I find standards and skills lists for every grade, among others.
And the morning/afternoon/evening sickness is still… making life interesting. I am mystified as to how I can get sick this often and still have a belly this big.
Okay, the continous supply of chocolate truffles might have something to do with it. 😉