Oh what a long time it’s been since I blogged! We had massive heat and I had massive contractions and several of us were sick, plus the pageant was going on….
In any case, I finally had a minute to post and thought I’d do a little update.
Here’s some ways we’ve been learning and playing lately…
1. We went to the science museum in Sioux Falls. Annual memberships to science museums are so worth it, especially on hot summer days!
2. Anna is reading “Little Women” on my Kindle.
3. Victoria is learning Latin from a book she downloaded from this list of free Latin books online. She loves it. She’s doing the Latin for Beginners one.
4. We went bowling with fabulously fun friends in Mankato.
5. The kids did math and such in various workbooks.
6. We went hiking on Loon Island with some wonderful homeschool friends.
7. Daryl took the kids to various lakes and to campgrounds to visit friends.
8. We had sprinkler fun in the back yard.
Even Mama… 🙂
9. The boys and I made a nature abacus out of sea shells and did some math with it (more on that and some other fun summer HS ideas here).
10. Daryl, Jack, Victoria and Anna finished this year at the Laura Ingalls Wilder Pageant. We figured out that the girls (who have been in the longest) have performed in 51 shows now for roughly 50,000 people! Jack loved his first year, too. It was a wonderful season.
That’s a bit of what we’ve been up to. There’s also been lots of reading, art, educational apps, cooking, chores, tree climbing, playing with friends, photography and so on.
Hopefully we’ll get a break from the heat soon and things will calm down a touch after tomorrow. I’d like a few days of catching up for a while!